- Admission Procedure
- Stepwise Procedure
- Scholarship & Services
- Fee Details
- Ph.D Admissions
- External Links/References
- Courses Offered
- Campus Life
Candidates can apply to any of the programs offered by SRM University in any one of the two modes:
- Apply online: Using credit / debit card, paying the fee of USD 50/- or INR 3000/-
- Download: Fill application details online, download and courier to us along with the fee USD 50/- or INR 3000/- banker draft (DD) / NRI Cheque in the name of “SRMIST” payable at Chennai.
Application Fee is non-refundable.
All applicants are encouraged to use the online mode for quick processing.
Fill the Application Form
Fill up the application carefully without missing any detail. If the marks are not known or not available at the time of filling the application, please indicate "Results are awaited" in the marks/grade column. Candidates whose results are generally released not earlier than June may send the forecast / predicted / term results duly endorsed by the head of their school. The candidate is expected to send the marks to the university as soon as it is available to ascertain the eligibility. It is to be noted that the application will be considered only if the marks are made available to the university within the stipulated date. If the marks sheets of the qualifying examination are not submitted within the stipulated date, SRM University cannot be held responsible for the lost opportunity to study or future career.
Attach/Upload the Documents
Attach/Upload the Following Documents
- 10th and 12th / Bachelor / Masters degree certificate along with marks sheet/transcript. Both front and back sides of the mark sheet are to be copied and sent in order to get additional information about the grade equivalence, passing requirements etc. If the content in the marks sheet is not in English, then the certified English translated version must also be submitted in addition to the native language certificate. In case the results have not been released, then the predicted marks/grades or the term result of the qualifying examination must be submitted.
- Proof of NRI status of the student/ parent/ sponsor
- Copy of the passport of the applicant (personal details page)
- Copy of passport of parent /sponsor (personal details page)
If available at the time of application:
- Eligibility certificate obtained from Association of Indian Universities (AIU) (applicable only for MBBS, BDS and B. Sc Nursing)
- Migration Certificate
- Approval from Indian Nursing Council (INC) (applicable only for Nursing programs)
- NATA score card (applicable only for B Arch Program)
Applicants who have chosen the download mode must submit the hard copy of the filled-in application along with necessary documents, on or before June 15, 2014 to:
Office of International Relations,
2nd floor Central library building(West wing),
Kattankulathur - 603 203, Chennai (Madras), India.
Tel: +91-44- 27456701 Mobile: +91-9003177786
On receipt of the completed application along with the prescribed application fee, an application number would be allotted and emailed to the applicant. We may request for additional or missing information, if any. Please quote the application number in all your correspondences related to admissions.
Last date for receipt of all necessary documents including Mark/ Grade Sheets
Last date for payment of full Tuition Fee for programs in Engineering and Technology, Science and Humanities
Last date for payment of full Tuition Fee for programs in Medicine and Health Sciences
- Based on the predicted scores /Term result / final scores, if the eligibility requirements for the program applied for have been found to be satisfied, then the provisional admission letter will be emailed with details of tuition fee and other fees payable. This provisional admission letter is not valid for visa purposes.
- It is very important that the students who have submitted the predicted / forecasted/ Term results must submit the actual marks / grade sheet of the qualifying examination as soon as it is available and has to meet the eligibility requirements for the program.
- Candidates who studied in schools other than CBSE schools and applying for MBBS/BDS/B. Sc Nursing must produce equivalence certificate obtained from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiuweb.org) and candidates applying for Nursing courses should submit the approval from the Indian Nursing Council (INC) before the confirmed admission letter is issued.
The tuition, hostel/ accommodation, Registration fee, examination fee and other applicable fees must be paid in US Dollars by electronic transfer only within 10 days from the date of issue of the provisional admission letter (Email). FEES REMITTED MUST BE EXCLUSIVE OF BANK CHARGES. The university is not responsible for non-delivery of the e-mail for any reasons what-so-ever. The bank details for electronic transfer will be provided in the provisional admission letter that will be sent to the applicant by email.
Immediately after effecting the wire transfer, fill up all details in the "DETAILS OF THE ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER" form, scan and send it to email@example.com by email. This is mandatory and very important to effect proper and timely credit.
Once the (a) full annual tuition fees (b) registration fees and (c) examination fees, for the first year, are received and credited into our account, and on receipt of final mark sheets and all other mandatory documents, the letter of confirmed admission will be sent by email. Please note that the fee has to be paid within the stipulated date and the admission will be confirmed on "Merit-cum-First Come First Serve" basis. Failure to pay the full tuition fees will automatically deprive the applicant of the admission opportunity and the university reserves the right to admit other eligible applicants without further notice. SRM University cannot be held responsible for any lost opportunities or loss/damages arising thereof. The confirmed admission letter may be used by foreign students to apply for student visa, ticketing, insurance and others.
Pre-enrollment is the process of verifying the original certificates and obtaining declarations from the parents/student, on arrival to the campus. The university will send a separate communication detailing the procedure for pre-enrollment, commencement of classes and other information necessary for completing the admission formalities. The candidates are advised to look at the website for the actual date of commencement of first year classes.
Students are advised to reach SRM University at least 2-3 days prior to the commencement of classes and report to the Office of the International Relations to complete the above admission formalities. The following documents in original are to be submitted at the time of registration:
- Degree or Pass certificate of the qualifying examination
- Grade/mark sheet of the qualifying examination
- Translated versions of all documents, if they are not in English
- Copy of Passport with a valid student visa (Original will be returned after verification)
- Equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities wherever applicable
- Approval from Indian Nursing Council (INC) for Nursing programs
- NATA score card for B Arch Program
- Migration Certificate (If applicable)
- Duly filled and signed Declaration forms - Parent (Form A1), Student (Form A2)
- Financial support (Form A3)
- Filled-in Form A4 (Required by the local government)
- Recent Passport-size photographs - 15 Nos. (May be required at different departments)
At the time of admission you may be required to pay, wherever applicable, additional fees towards, first year books, clinical or laboratory materials, transport etc. These additional fees should be remitted only by bank draft in Indian Rupees. Only after the admission formalities are completed, will the student be permitted to move into the allotted hostels.
Within 10 days of joining SRM University, Students will have to undergo a medical examination as per government rules which stipulate that all international students entering India on student visa have to be tested for HIV/others. Students will not be given admission if found positive.
It is a part of the normal mandatory process that within the stipulated timeframe of arrival in India, the student has to register his/ her name with the police in the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO). The timeframe may vary from 24 hours to 14 days of arrival depending on the country of origin. A student with a PIO card also must register at the FRRO. Only OCI card holders need not register. SRM University would only provide necessary assistance in this regard. The applicable immigration processing fees and other related expenses have to be additionally borne by the student
No change of course is allowed after the issue of confirmed admission letter.
Examination and Award of Degree
The process of examination, grading, and award of the degree is no different from that of Indian students. Each semester all students have to pay the applicable examination fees as and when announced.
- Engineering and Technology
- Medicine and Health Sciences
- Science and Humanities